Friday, February 25, 2011

Forgotten Words

Anyone else having a rough night? So this morning I decided to open the Bible to James. There are huge words written in this chapter. Words I know I needed to hear today. Even though I am finding a newly acquired peace and Joy that I once was familier with I still find myself slipping, making mistakes. Why does it seem that we often become irritable and irrational with those we are closest with. I know the answer, but sometimes I make a choice not to do the right thing. It is no one elses fault but my own, a choice made by me, whether it is at the front of my conscience or further back where I don't often pay attention too, it is still my fault. I hope these words can be an encouragment. Please read the whole chapter of James 1 as well.

2Dear brothers and sisters,a when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. 3For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. 4So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.

19b You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry. 20Human angerg does not produce the righteousnessh God desires. 21So get rid of all the filth and evil in your lives, and humbly accept the word God has planted in your hearts, for it has the power to save your souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment